So this morning as I was doing my quiet time, I came to the realization of something. Right now in my quiet time I am working my way through Job. In a way, I feel like I'm like Job right now--no I haven't lost everything nor do I have sores all over my body (although I have begun to itch everywhere and I think I'm allergic to something). But what I am comparing is my student teaching placement. If you've asked me any time this semester how my teaching is going, I've probably answered challenging because it is.
Ok, enough ranting, whining and complaining. The whole point of this post is that after having my mom tell me numerous times and now that I'm reading through Job, I realize that God has placed me here for a reason and that He is not going to give me something more than I can handle. Did you catch that? He isn't going to give me something more than I can handle. This is so reassuring!!! I know that I can handle being at this school and even though it is challenging and tough, it's part of God's plan for me or maybe for one of my students. It would be so wonderful to know that He placed me there for one of my students to know Christ's love!!
What I need from you, the reader:
Prayers for me--that I don't lose hope and so I don't forget that I'm placed there for a reason, so that I take the focus off of me because it isn't about me!!
Prayers for my students--that they know they are loved, that I love them, that every disciplinary action I take is in love, that they are able to see Christ in me, for their homelives
Prayers for my supervising teacher--that she is able to see Christ in me, that she is able to see that there is something different about me
I'm going to leave you with a link and some lyrics to a great song that is one of my favorites!!
In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
this Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
when fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,
here in the love of Christ I stand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment