I raced home Friday after school to catch part 1 of Oprah's Favorite Things show. Now, I'm not normally a huge Oprah fan, but since this is her last season I've been inclined to watch more of her shows. Regardless of whether I watched a season or not, the favorite things show was something I ALWAYS watched!! (And not-so-secretly wished I was in the audience!!)
I'll be racing home tomorrow to catch part 2 of her favorite things but until then, here's a few of mine (which are definitely cheaper than Oprah's):
Aveda's Shampure shampoo. To sum it up in one word: FABULOUS. I love it! It smells wonderful, requires only a tad bit of shampoo, and eliminated my need for conditioner. Although it's a little pricey for shampoo (try $9.50 for a tiny bottle), it's well worth it.

Real Straight jeans by GAP. If you're like me, you love the style of skinny leg jeans but aren't built stick-think like a model. In comes the Real Straight jeans. The bottom leg of the jeans are wide enough to off-set the thigh giving the appearance of a skinny leg but without the fixation on the thighs. Good job, GAP!!
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. This is a book that I will read over and over again, then pass down to my daughters and grandaughters. This novel shows us how a godly relationship/marriage should be and gives hope that guys like that still exist. All of my friends have read it and we can't stop talking about it.
shoes by Kate Spade. This woman knows exactly the type of shoes I want this holiday season. Can you see me teaching high school English in these? Because I sure can!

personalized stationery by Crane. After receiving gifts this Christmas season, one must always send a thank you note. It's sad that people don't send notes in the mail these days but I most definitely still love to. And it's always great to receive a note in the mail!! Although Crane is a great brand for stationery, I would just use whatever brands your local paper story has since Crane is a little pricey.
All images courtesy of Google.com

3 comments:
lovely favorite things!!
I am a HUGE redeeming love. make all my girls with broken hearts read it. (:
i've never read that book! but i am a bookaholic, so i will have to get on that.
and those skinny jeans are adorable! i've never tried gap jeans and i feel i must now!
I'm SO glad someone else shares in the lost art of thank you notes! To this day if my mother knows of a gift that I have received, she casually gives me a call a week or so later asking "have you written your thank you notes yet?" I have to admit though, I'm glad it was something she insisted on when I was younger. It's something so simple and easy, yet so important and often overlooked.
By the way, my name is Margaret... and I am a Kate Spade addict. Those shoes are fabulous!
Post a Comment