Tuesday, June 14, 2011

First Full Day at the Beach = HOT

Today was our (my friend Mary Beth and I) first full day at the beach. We checked in yesterday afternoon, I went to the gym to run on the treadmill, and then spent our evening watching The Bachelorette. (Look for my rant on that at the end of this post) This morning I woke up at 8, again went to the gym but this time only to discover that everyone else in this hotel likes to use the gym at 8am, too. The only things I wanted to do this morning in the gym was run and then lift some weights. Well, when I walked in a young girl was already running and there was only one other treadmill in the gym. I spotted an older man eyeing the treadmill and I made my run for it. I hopped on the treadmill thinking, "Haha take that old man!!" Before I started running, I needed to turn on my iPod--which, lucky for me, was dead. Apparently none of the plugs in the room will power on my charger.

I was a little upset that I was going to have to run without music, but I could deal. Guess what happens next. Ohhh the treadmill won't turn on. I push Quickstart which is what it is telling me to do and nothing!!! Yesterday when I ran there was a girl running on it so I knew it worked. After pressing the Quickstart buttong for what seemed like forever, I begrudgingly went to get on the elliptical next to the treadmill. What happens next? The man who I beat to the treadmill stepped on the treadmill and started walking. Apparently it did work, and I just needed to wait my turn.

Then after eating breakfast and waking my Mary Beth, we went down to the beach only to get sand thrown on us twice from two different children. Having sand thrown on you when you're hot, sweaty, and covered in sunscreen (that would be me) is NOT COMFORTABLE!! But who can complain when you're at the beach!!! (Heat index = 110 degrees)

Note (Rant) on The Bachelorette:
Why did she send West home? Is she stupid??? Don't answer that--it's rhetorical. In my opinion, William should have gone home. His first date was great and then he blew it with the roast and how he handled how it upset her. Running away??? Really? Yes, that's the adult way to handle when a girl is upset at you. And if Ashley mentions how much she misses Bentley one more time, I'm changing the channel (not really because I have to watch this train wreck). After seeing next week's preview which centers on Bentley "coincidentally" being in Thailand the same time they are, that better be the end of Bentley. He wasn't even cute. Oh and one last thought, I'm now in love with Ames after watching his date.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...