Monday, August 30, 2010

Am I Set Apart?

Mom and I just started a Sunday night Bible study at church focusing on learning to hear from God. We are in a small group of only ladies and of all ages. Today's lesson really challenged me. It was about being set apart from others. Because I am a Christian, I should be different than those around me. And that got me thinking......am I really different than those around me? This challenges me to do just that--be different. Let people see that I am a child of God. It's okay if I walk away from a group of gossiping women--although I admit that is something I struggle with--but if I walk away then I am setting myself apart. I pray continually that others will see Christ in me and I hope that they do. And that is my prayer for you as well!!!

Also, I had a very experienced-filled weekend when I had an allergic reaction to new facewash. And to top it off I was visiting friends in my old college town for the weekend!! Sunday was the worst when my face decided to swell and turn beet red and burn like an awful sunburn. So you know that I called the dermatologist first thing this morning. She squeezed me in and gave me plenty of samples to use on my face. New facewash, daytime moisturizer, nighttime moisturizer, and steriod cream. Hopefully in a few days my face will get back to normal and not feel like sandpaper when I apply moisturizer. Advice: if you have sensitive skin, don't change products until you try them on your forearm for a week. (That would be advice from my Dr. so you know it's legit!!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...