Sunday, August 1, 2010

New Beginnings =......A New Room!!

Moving back in with my parents calls for a room re-do--or at least it does in my book! The room that is now mine in my parent's house used to be my stepdad's mom's room so you can imagine what it looked like. First step was to move all furniture that was in our old house out of my room that way when it gets done I can move my furniture from my apartment into my new room! Then my mom and I tore up the old carpet and padding and then spent over 2 hours pulling up old staples. My mom then tore down all old trim. Now my room needs the ceiling sheetrocked and the hardwood sanded and then everything needs to be painted!!!!

Here are a few inspirations:


My white duvet from PB is a must in my new room!!


This is the color inspiration for the walls. I liked the mustard-burnt-golden-yellow color and found a perfect paint sample at Lowes.
I'll also be making my own curtains because I want them from about 3 inches under my ceiling to touching the floor so I know that I'll have to make custom curtains. I love this blue damask print and I think that it will go perfect with the yellow walls and white duvet--and of course the new hardwood.


All photos courtesy Google.com and PotteryBarn.com

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I definitely can't wait to see photos! I think that print will be gorgeous with that shade of yellow!

Lots of Smiles!

Leah said...

Love it!! Also love that you're such a good teacher that you cited your sources!!!! LOL

Jenny Beth said...

omg... going to be gorgeous... cant wait to see the outcome....

Kelley Hill said...

Ahhh!! Sarah you are so amazing!!! Come help me decorate please!! I'm dying down here....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...