Sunday, August 15, 2010

Yummy French Toast!!!!

Hello blog friends!!!! I forgot to mention that I started a diet 2 weeks ago--nooooot fun at the least!!! I hate being "on a diet," but I've found ways where I can still eat what I want but in moderation and spaced out, too. When I weighed last Monday I had lost 6.2 pounds!! That felt good to know that in my first week I lost that much. I will weigh tomorrow night and see how much I've lost for my second week.



But since I've started eating MUCH healthier, I've had to reinvent some of the things that I've loved in the past. Enter: french toast. Before I get to how I found this recipe I want you to know that it all started with The Real Housewives of New York. I started watching that at home because my we didn't get the Bravo channel at school. I immediately liked Bethenny Frankel! And she just finished her own season on Bravo called Bethenny Getting Married, and based on the reviews, I was one of the ten people who loved it. Bethenny made her fortune as a natural food chef and has written two books with tons of recipes for good, healthy food. Her website is where I found this recipe. And let me tell you--it was wonderful!!!!! Healthy and good at the same time--is that possible?!?! :)

Photo courtesy of Bethenny.com

This recipe for french toast was wonderful!!! If you love french toast but would love to eat a healthier version check out the recipe here. The only adjustments I made to the recipe were adding one more egg white because four just wasn't enough and adding a little bit of cinnamon to the egg white mixture. Let me know if any of you decide to try it and how it turns out!!!!

1 comment:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I may sneak this in for my hubby as he likes french toast. I am not a fan though, but I guess that's a good thing! Good luck girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...