I started student teaching in my final semester at UA. I was placed in a 6th grade classroom. Long story short, that was a semester full of challenges and a testing of my faith.
Janie and I enjoyed a snow day in Tuscaloosa--a rarity, let me assure you!
This precious baby was born to my best friend, Ashton, and her husband, Jimmy. Kylee Reese Davis was born March 31 and it has been so much fun watching her grow up!
Janie and I had to pack up our apartment after 3 years of living together :( Lots of people told us that it wasn't wise to live with your best friend, but strangely enough, our friendship became the best it's ever been. It quickly became a joke that wherever one of us was, the other was there too--which was true about 99% of the time. Not long ago Oprah did an interview with Barbara Walters in which she asked about her friendship with Gayle. After hearing what Oprah said, I immediately thought of my friendship with Janie and how I feel the exact same way!
"...She is the sister everybody would want. She is the friend everybody deserves. I don't know a better person. I don't know a better person."

I graduated from college in August! I'm pictured here with my friend Jeremy. We met at the BCM (Baptist Campus Ministries) building on campus. We immediately became great friends and both graduated in August. Jeremy graduated with a degree in Marketing and just landed a job in Hoover at Docupak (I'm still not completely sure what he does ha!). Our friendship has lasted past college and we still schedule time to meet up to eat lunch or dinner together. I'm so thankful that God has blessed me with a friendship like this one!
I went and saw Hanson in Nashville with my sister. My love for John Mayer is the same as Rachel's love for Hanson. It turned out to be a fun concert and a trip with lots of memories!
I got my first teaching job! Granted, it wasn't full time, but it was something to get my foot in the door. I taught 11th and 12th grade for 3 months at my old high school and loved every minute of it! I know this probably helped me get the junior high job that I'll start in January!

I went to only one football game this season which was a huge change for me because I was used to going to every one and sitting in the student section. Jeremy got season tickets for graduation so he let me use the other one for a game. We ended up sneaking into the student section during halftime and sitting in our old seats with our old friends :)
I turned 23!!
A big change for me this year was starting Weight Watchers. But it's been the best thing I've done all year! I started in the fall and have had to contend with birthdays, Thanksgiving, school parties, and Christmas food galore. With all of that being said, I've lot a little over 25 pounds and I'm almost to my halfway point. My goal is to reach that by Aug/Sept 2011.
Here I am before starting. Here I am 25.something pounds lighter!


4 comments:
Love this post!
Happy New Year, Sarah!
:-)
Girl you had a BIG year!
Congrats on graduating and getting your first teaching job!
sarah i kinda teared up at the end. its so fun to watch other people grow up around you. i know we didnt know each other that well when we worked at the rec but i must say you are my 2011 weight loss inspiration. you look amazing, you have your head on straight, you are going to be an amazing teacher and i can't wait to see how much the lord uses you this next year. love you friend. i am off to work on the sweet baby's bib!!!
looks like you have has a wonderful year Sarah! I hope you have a very Happy New Year! xoxo
Post a Comment