Sunday, February 6, 2011

Room Update

I had a friend recently ask about my room since she knew I had talked a lot about how I was going to re-do it. I remembered that I had done a post in November of 2 "finished" pictures (meaning as finished as it's ever going to be until I get my own place). In case you didn't get to see what I created, then click here.

I literally obsessed about (dreamt about, I bored my friends with my constant talk of redoing my room, I even bored anyone that would listen to me talk about decorating) how I was going to create a "grown-up" bedroom without all of the things you think about in your parents room--ugly, flowered comforters, dark colors, dated decor, etc. At least that's what I see on HGTV haha.

What I've learned since my room has been redone:
  • I hate Valspar paint. It's from Lowe's and it's cheap....quality that is, not in price. Behr from Home Depot is much better.
  • I like hardwood floors, but not how cold they are in the am and my room is too small for a rug.

Tell me about your experiences with re-decorating!!

2 comments:

Kelley Hill said...

I loooove to redecorate!! But you are way better than me...I never seem to ever finish!! I get almost through and think of something else I want to do. Just wait until you get into an apartment and you HAVE to leave the walls tan. I never decorate anymore. :) haha!

Jenny Beth said...

hi my name is jenny beth and I am a decorate-aholic. i would rather eat cheese and drink water all the time than to not be surrounded by pretty things. yes you can call me wierd and most people dont love decorating as much as me but i totally get it.... seriously... makes my heart go pitter patter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...