Sunday, May 29, 2011

first thing i did on summer vacation!!!

Saturday was my first official day on summer vacation!! Yeah!! I got up (early, ugh), ran, and went shopping in Birmingham with a friend. We went to my favorite place, The Summit, and I bought A LOT!!!!!!!!



We ate at a really cool new place called Flip Burger--it may be my new favorite! They serve gourmet burgers, so for instance, I ordered the chickpea burger with pickled vegetables--sounds gross but the flavoring is amazing!! If you have one near you, then you must visit!!



After leaving the mall that night, we made an impromptu pit stop by the Vulcan statue in B'ham because Katie had never been! Oh, and apparently this is a popular date stop at night ha!



I do need to mention that heights make me very nervous and that I went up to the top only for Katie's sake!! haha


Here is our fabulous view of the city!!!!! I would love to live here!

At this point, I am extremely terrified but trying to look normal. Note to self: Never wear a dress up there due to the vicious winds.


Here is the Vulcan during the day!!!!!

4 comments:

Wes Tate said...

Haha! I love the caption for your picture with dress! Today at church I had the wind lift my button down shirt up revealing my stomach to the entire congregation of hipsters

Jenny beth said...

Jealous!!! We should meet at the summit sometime!! I am dying to Move to Birmingham!!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I'm impressed you did so much on your first day. I would have rolled around in bed till noon!

Unknown said...

Like the person who commented above, I would have spent the day in bed lol! Good for you, though. Shopping sounds like a great way to kick off the beginning of summer :) xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...