Do you remember that movie Tom and Huck that came out back in the late 90s? It had Johnathan Taylor Thomas in it. Anyway, parts of that movie were filmed in Mooresville, Alabama. I remember in 4th grade going to tour the town set and thinking how cool it was!!
Every 2 years Mooresville has their walking tour. You pay $10 dollars to get in and you can tour gardens, a few houses, hear small bluegrass bands playing, small vendors selling old Southern things (like handmade wooden bowls), a Civil War camp re-enactment, and hear lectures on plant life. Oh I forgot to mention, Mooresville has only 53 residents, 2 churches, 1 restaurant, and 1 post office.
This is a far away picture of a gorgeous house. This is what Mooresville looks like--old houses, huge trees, and white picket fences.

The first house we toured was the mayor's house. I wish I would have thought to take a picture of the outside of the house but it was small and really cute. The owners were limited in space so they had to make do with what they had. This is their living room. I love the painting above the fireplace (it also opened in the dinig room which is where that door leads). I'm pretty sure the leather chair came from Pottery Barn.

They also only had one bathroom so they made it a sanctuary. Above the center window says, "Splish Splash I was taking a bath"--love it! I'm also loving the claw foot tub--I would love to have one of those in my house someday. The owner also put a gourmet coffee pot in the bathroom and that would sound relaxing.....if I drank coffee.
**A few facts about Mooresvile:- Mooresville is the oldest town in Alabama
- The post office (built in 1840) is the oldest post office in operation in Alabama. The mailboxes (called call boxes) are pre-Civil War.
- It's a 19th century village
- Here's a link to the Wikipedia page!
All photos taken on my Droid

3 comments:
My parents went to the walking tour that day & loved it. We also have friends that live in Mooresville on Broad Street. It is the cutest, quaintest little town in Alabama I think! Glad you enjoyed it!
Gorgeous! Sounds like my kind of outing :) xoxo
What a beautiful home! I want it! :)
Where in Alabama is this? I'd love to visit sometime!
Post a Comment