Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Jam Packed Weekend!

My weekend has been fun and extremely exhausting!!!! I ended up putting in a movie after church today and slept through the entire thing. At least I woke up feeling extremely refreshed!


Friday, I was in my classroom cleaning up after school planning on getting a movie, eating Chik fil A (if you know me then you know Chik Fil A and I are two peas in a pod), and literally going to bed at 8pm. Well that didn't quite go as planned. I ended up last minute chaperoning an 8th grade field trip with the social studies teachers to Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in downtown Birmingham and then eating at a local Greek eatery a block away. (I teach all 7th grade English classes but I have one 8th grade reading class.)


This is a picture of the santuary in the church. The paintings are called icons and all contain immense symbolism. I learned a lot about the Greek orthodox faith. There is a part of the santuary that women are not allowed to enter and whenever entering the santuary, one must do the cross symbol and then touch the ground with an open hand.

Then Saturday I went shopping with a new friend for our friend Sally's lingerie shower. Let's just say all I did while shopping was yawn and think about napping. I did get to take about a 20 minute nap before running and getting ready for the lingerie shower. Here's a group picture of the girls. Sally is in the middle with the pink sash on!! And I am to the right. After looking at this lace dress in a picture, I think I need a belt to create a waist so it doesn't look like a potato sack.

After eating a Rosie's Cantina, we went back to a girl's house for dessert and presents and Sally sure did get a lot!!!! ;)
Now after taking my second nap of the weekend (and that really isn't like me--it just goes to show how exhausted I was!), I'm about to get ready for church again. All of the children's choirs are singing and I always think it's so sweet and entertaining!!!! Then we have a hotdog and homemade ice cream social as a fund raiser for the youth! I remember being in the youth and working fund raisers for us so now I love being able to help send someone to Centrifuge or mission trip!!!!

Have a great week and hopefully I won't go so long without blogging again!! Only 8 more days of school left!!!!!!!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Love the pics! Yay for school almost being out! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...