Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spring Break......? Are you there??????

Is any else beside me ready for this semester to be over with??

I have had the most stressful and chaotic semester of my college career! Teaching at the school I am placed at has been a huge challenge. But when everything around me seems to be weighing down on me, one student does something or says something precious and it makes it all worth it. I had one student who wrote me a letter saying that she wished I was her mother--sweet but heart-wrenching at the same time. If I could, I would take all of these children home with me!! God keeps reminding me that He has placed me there for a reason. I have had moments where I was ready to quit but once my emotions calmed down, I realized that if I left I would be disobeying God because He really did put me there for a reason. If I left I would leave those children when my supervisor has told me that I am a calm and consistent force in those children's lives. Do I really want to do that to those sweet students? (Some not so sweet but I'm working on my attitude) No, I don't. So as hard as it has been this semester and as much as this placement has taken a toll on my stress level and most likely blood pressure, I will stay at this school to finish this placement because those students need me--and I need them, too.

On a MUCH happier note, I visited my much loved dress tonight at the mall--it was still there, my size and all! Hopefully after a trip home to check out the Pink Pelican in Huntsville and see what they have, I will have an Easter dress one way or another :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...