Thursday, June 17, 2010
Waiting on the Lord
Those of you that are close to me know that I am still without a teaching job. This has been hard for me 1)because a lot of my friends already have teaching jobs secured and 2)I'm the kind of person who has to know ahead of time what's going on--i.e. am I going to have a job in the fall?? Another reason why I'm so stressed out lately is that if I don't find a job by August then I'll have to wait until the next school year rolls around to find a job and that's a looong time! Now I might get lucky and land a maternity leave (like I will have as my back-up) or someone may decide to retire in December but those are very, very hard to come by. This is why I have constantly been praying for God to keep me in the center of His will and that I will follow wherever He calls me to be--even if it might not be a full-time teaching job this year and only subbing. Selfishly enough, I've been praying that it's somewhere close to home so that I can live at home the first year and save up enough money to maybe buy a small house. That being said--I went through a preliminary interview with a school system close to home. I've been told (even by a lady who is a teacher for that school system) that not everyone gets a preliminary interview. So I thanked God for that! Then I wrote a thank you note and personally took a packet of my rec letters to the schools that had English positions in that school system. After much, much prayer, I was called back for an interview and the high school in that system that has one English opening!! I am soo thankful that God has allowed me to go this far and I pray that this is the job that He wants me to have :) Please pray for me--my interview is Monday morning at 9:30am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good luck girl! I'll be praying for you!
You're going to do wonderful. Keep the Lord's will in mind. Remember He has a perfect plan and the perfect timing. I love you, and I am so proud of you. Read Phillipians 4:6-7. I love you!
Post a Comment