Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wishful Wednesday!!!!!

'I wish'... I had the opportunity to change careers and it would be to become an interior designer!!

Even though I am about to graduate to become an English teacher, I had 2 moments in my 4 years at UA where I thought, "I need to change my major to interior design right now!!!" The most recent was this past semester when my student teaching was tough!! But I never did because being an English teacher really is my true passion.

Why would I choose interior design?? I love everything about it!!! I could sit in front of the tv all day and watch HGTV if I had to! I love taking something old and making it new--or making something very inexpensive that is modeled after something super expensive! For example, in my bedroom in my college apartment, I made a headboard because I didn't want to go buy a new one that I would only use for 2 years. I covered the plywood and foam in a faux brown leather snakeskin fabric that looks so expensive!! Even though it waaaay too late to change my career (I haven't even started), I at least get to call interior design my "hobby"!!

7 comments:

Erin said...

Our Career changes are the same!! I would have loved to be an Interior Decorator, but I just didn't see it paying the bills. Plus, I love that now I get to call it my "hobby" and I'm able to get away from my full-time job and enjoy doing it.
:)

Lindsay said...

Stopping by from Seattle Smith's! Love your choice! One of my biggest passions :)

Anonymous said...

OMG! You would be a great interior designer love! You're good at decorating anyway! Miss you so much!

Kelley Hill said...

This is my favorite post yet!!! Why are teachers so prone to debating career changes?? You never hear business men saying "I think I'll become a philanthropist and go save lives in Africa." Nope! They just keep getting promotions and bigger paychecks. Ugh! haha :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

It seriously isn't too late lady!!! Follow your passion!

Anonymous said...

Interior Design is such a fab choice! I majored in English Literature and I would love to go in to publishing and even though I swore I would NEVER be a teacher (my mom is one and I wanted to be different) the idea of teaching English Lit in college seems to intrigue me I would definitely want to teach the class focused on Jane Austin! Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

SARAH! NEW BLOG POST! PUH-LEASE!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...