My life really is one big awkward moment--at times. I'm extremely grateful that this doesn't happen all the time. That would be, well, awkward--for a lack of words haha!
Anyway, I had to visit the doc in a box today. Mom wanted me to go to the one in the town north of us (to see the "really cute, young, 30 yr old doctor) but they were closed. Sorry Mom. So I went to the one in the town south of us. BIG MISTAKE LET ME TELL YOU. First of all, I have suddenly become a germ-a-phobe now that everyone I know is getting sick. I mean, I just got over an upper-respitory infection and now I'm sick again?? Oh, and I leave for the beach in 2 days. Anyways, mom came back to the room with me since the tiny waiting room crammed with sick people could turn anyone into having clausterphobia. Okay so the dr comes in......seriously weird. I won't name names for privacy reasons but don't ever go to him. He hugged all over my body feeling around for who knows what.....this has never happend and my mother was in the room. THEN the kicker happens. You know when the dr makes you take deep breathes while he listens with the stethoscope?? Well I'm pretty much a pro at that since I've done it for many drs. Well apparently I wasn't breathing deep enough for this guy. In front of my mom, he tells me to BREATHE LIKE I'M MAKING AN OBSCENE PHONE CALL!!!!!!!! What?!?!!? I didn't get it until he left the room!!!! Talk about gross and uncomfortable.
Then tonight, after seeing the millionth commercial for online dating, my mom offers AGAIN to pay for me to join an online dating site. No thanks Mom!! I can just see the engagement announcement in the paper: "...and they met on E-Harmony (losers)" I think that she's just going to have to get over the fact that I'm not dating anyone. She didn't like my boyfriend of 2 years in college whom I was absolutely in love with. I broke up with him because I couldn't stand the tension and she didn't like him. She didn't want me to think about marrying him but now that I haven't had a boyfriend in what seems like forever, she's so desperate for me to have someone. Sorry Mom looks like I'll just be an old maid.
Okay, off my soapbox now!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment