- The true Southern hospitality--Where else can you be driving down the road and people you don't even know wave at you
- The love of college football (aka Alabama football!!)
- Everyone knows everthing--this can backfire but it really is truly Southern :)
- Conservative values
- Conservative politics
- Colleges with quads this beautiful--this would, of course, be The University of Alabama's most beautiful quad!!!!
7. Gorgeous homes like this!!! I love antebellum homes and this one is located in Louisiana

This quote pretty much sums up my feelings about the South and how much I absolutely love it:
"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born, it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It's being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies and coca-cola...and each other...We don't become Southern--we're born that way."
What are your feelings on the South??

2 comments:
I love that we are proud people and even though we (generally speaking) may have less financially than the rest of the country we consider ourselves better off than them. I love that you can point out a Southerner when they are outside of the South. I was on Santa Monica pier with a fellow Alabamian and passed a guy who was clearly from the South, we both stopped and pointed it out! I remember when I got back from South Africa, I just stood outside for a while in the Aug heat. It was so strange, and I've never felt this feeling since, but my body knew it was back home! It was like my flesh was feeling something for the very first time!
The South is Heaven on Earth. I have been all over the US and to other countries and you couldn't pay me to move out of the Deep South! This is God's Country!!! :) Hope you've had a wonderful weekend! xoxo
Post a Comment