I just had one of those days where I felt like I was back in junior high or high school. Here's how it went down:
I saw on the sub list this morning the name John Smith**(name has been changed in case someone who knows this guy is reading my blog) and thought "OMG I graduated with John and haven't seen him in 4 years!! I should call him and tell him to come by my classroom if he gets bored." So of course I called the classroom he was in and the conversation went like this:
JS: This is John Smith for Mr. Turner.
Me: John! Hey this is Sarah Wiley
JS: oh hey..
Me: I work here now! If you get bored my planning is 4th and you can come down here if that's yours.
JS: ok great thanks!
Ok so I went on with my day and apparently he didn't have planning 4th--no big. When it was time for lunch I walked out to the lunch room and saw this unfamiliar man sitting at my lunch table....2 seats down from me....across the table from me. I sat down and glanced at his name tag. JOHN SMITH! "What?? This does not look like the same guy I graduated with! I mean...I know it's been 4 years but he didn't gain 100 pounds and dye his hair red??"
Well, turns out there is another person named John Smith and I pretty much had the most awkward lunch experience of my life. I really hope he didn't think I was hitting on him.....
In other news, my bestie Kristi made this GORGEOUS sign for my classroom!!! She is so talented and my students loved it!

If anyone is interested in getting a painting of some sort (baby names/announcements, initials, etc), send me an email and I'll get back to you on pricing!
Leaving you on a happy note:

Isn't she precious?? She was probably like, "ok Aunt Sarah, stop taking pictures of me!"

3 comments:
Classic Sarah! That is so so funny!
Hilarious-John Smith, what a generic name! Love that sign and what a cute baby :) xoxo
ohh no... well we all must live through the awkward moments eh?? ps cutest baby picture!!
Post a Comment