Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 3 of Being Snowed In

Well today is day #3 of being snowed in. You would think that I would be jumping for joy at a break from school, but in fact, I'm desperately wishing we were back in school!!! I'm not looking forward to hearing how the school system will decide how we make up these days....Saturday school? Use Spring Break days? Go in June?? None of these sound appealing to me at the least bit.







Here's a quick recap of our snowfall before I get to leave (yeah!! first time since church on Sunday!!) the house to go pick up prescriptions for everyone who is sick:



It started snowing Sunday after 6pm and this is what I woke up to on Monday morning....10 INCHES!!!!!!!!!!!! That is insane. And you bet I played in it like a 5 year old.
Fast forward to today. The pond now has a layer of ice (great.) and we still have snow. Not 10 inches but 5 at least.
Who knows if school is cancelled tomorrow but I hear that it most likely will be because it's not supposed to get above freezing this whole week. Ugh. I feel like I live up north and not Alabama!!!!!!
How's the weather where you live??

2 comments:

Ashley said...

We've still got tons of snow here in TN. It's driving me nuts being in the house. Our road is ridiculous, and absolutely none of the snow has melted since it started snowing on Sunday. It's even been coming down like crazy all day today. The way it is looking I'll be stuck in the house the rest of the week! & school here will be closed for awhile! AHHH!! haha

-Many Smiles!

Unknown said...

10" is crazy!! It is freezing down here in south GA, but it's supposed to get back to the 60s and low 70s next week :) xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...