Sunday, January 9, 2011

no school again....seriously

Hey friends!!!! I had a great week (3 days) at school with my 7th graders. I have 3 classes who are just angels. I am amazed that they actually listen when I say, "Okay, now it's your turn to work on 11-20 on your own without talking." They actually know that "without talking" means!!!! Now all we have to do is see if they don't forget what without talking means by the end of the year :)

Also, school is cancelled again for tomorrow. Seriously, I might be the only one who actually wants to go to school! But we are supposed to be getting in 4-10 inches of snow starting at 6pm tonight (15 min ago) and it's actually already snowing. Ugh. Snow was fun when I was in school but now that I'm the teacher I actually WANT to go to school!! You know, now that I'm a teacher I realize how easy students actually have it. Why didn't I appreciate the fact that when I was a student I had no other responsibilities other than getting my own homework done. Now that I'm a teacher I'm responsible for everything!!! For example, let's say a fire drill happens in the middle of my lesson. Okay everyone you know the drill, follow me outside. But wait, why isn't the student back from the bathroom that I let go 5 minutes ago and why haven't I noticed he was missing. Was I that into teaching my lesson?? Or was I busy stopping the argument about Justin Beiber?? It's moments like that that make me wish I still lived near El Rincon.

If it snows like it's supposed to then be on the lookout for another snow/sledding post!!!

2 comments:

Jess Elyse said...

Haha I can see that you want to go to school. It is great that you love your job! That is awesome! I'm glad classes haven't started here though at least for a couple more days lol And here is to hoping for sledding and snow fun!! :-)

Unknown said...

Yay for snow days!! Have fun! :) xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...