Thursday, January 13, 2011

Students Say the Darndest Things!!!

Today was our first day back to school and school didn't start until 10am which was great because I was still able to sleep in!!!

Well, I woke up this morning and put on a brand new dress I bought Sunday that I had been dying to wear whenever school started again. I put on my heels (but made sure I didn't stand all day) along with my pearl earrings. I decided to "spice" things up and put on my pearl necklace, too--my fake pearl necklace but I never thought it was obvious at all........until today.

Class started and I went to the front of the classroom to go over homework they had from Friday and this is the conversation that happened before I could even get to the homework:
Student: "Miss Wiley, is your pearl necklace real?"
(This student is a boy, mind you.)
Me: "No, but it looks real doesn't it?!"
Student: "Uhhh, not really."
Um okay then, thanks kid.
So there you have it!!!! Thought I'd share!! :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Aren't kids just the greatest? haha...

Unknown said...

That is so funny! Kids have no concept of how the things they say might make others feel sometimes. Have a great weekend! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...