Monday, September 26, 2011
almost 24
Sunday marked my one month countdown to my 24th birthday. There was a time a couple of months ago where I had a pre-quarter life crisis. I thought that at the age of 23 (almost 24) I had done nothing with my life. I hadn't gotten married, traveled to Europe, had kids, moved to a really awesome city after graduation, etc. I think I spent a week freaking out over all of this.
Then I realized that I was comparing myself to those around me and that my life was unlike my friends' lives:
Yes, I might be the only 23 year old in my town not married (not an exaggeration) but that didn't mean I was a complete loser. I just like to believe that the Lord has someone really awesome for me that I haven't met yet--someone who will make me laugh constantly, do nice things for me, appreciate me when I do special things for them, and someone who loves to travel and try new things as much as I do.
Yes, I might not have traveled to Europe....YET. And that's a big YET. Meaning it will happen one day. One day when I have the money to enjoy myself and not stay in creepy/crappy hostels.
Yes, I might not have kids right now but when I started adding this to my whining I had to knock some sense into me. I, in no way, want any children right now. No way, Jose. It's fun playing with Ashton's baby, Kylee, but then I'm always glad it's her baby right now and not mine! I hope that one day the Lord will bless me with children but in the future :)
Yes, I might not have moved to a really awesome city after graduation to start a new life. I actually moved back home.....with my parents. Awesome, right? This is the part where I really feel like a loser. I constantly have to remind myself of the faith I had to have in God the year after graduation. I had a 3 month long-term subbing postition lined up at my old high school but then after that I had no clue what I would do. It's really awesome looking back and seeing how everything fell perfectly in place thanks for the most awesome God!!
In no way is this post a pity party. I'm over my quarter life crisis and instead living my life on God's plan--not my own. Sunday morning in church, our sermon was on Genesis 16. It was definitely meant for me to hear this morning. Sarai (Sarah, and of course, my name as well) wanted children so badly that she took it into her own hands instead of waiting on the Lord. This is another reminder that I should also be waiting on the Lord and not taking things into my hands because they will end up badly. If you're struggling with an "oh my life is horrible, I've done nothing in the short time I've lived on Earth" then remember this, it's not about you. It's all about Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
thanks, Sarah. :)
Post a Comment