Wednesday, September 14, 2011

a day in the life: tuesday

We survived Day 1!!  Yes, my life is nothing exciting, but it is my life!!  Last night I didn't end up going to sleep until 10:30pm.  I know that isn't late at all, but when you talk all day long to kids and repeat yourself 15 million times then 10:30pm is late!!  I also want to apologize ahead of time that this post isn't filled with pictures.  There wasn't anything exciting of to take a picture.  I'll do better for Wednesday's post!!

Day 2:

5:20am-7:00am- Wake up, read, eat Lucky Charms again, shower, do hair and make up, fix my lunch and leave for school.

7:20am-3:15pm- Teach school.  I graded a few papers, made tomorrow's lesson plan, ran copies, arranged a few things with some teachers, discusses a novel with my regular English classes, and gave a test to my advanced English classes.
This is the class work/home work that I collected today.  These are descriptive name poems that the kids wrote and will be displayed in the room for PTO Open House on Thursday night.  I graded a few of these while my advanced kids tested, but I still have some left over to grade.  Then I get to spend Thursday afternoon hanging 156 of these in my room!!

3:15pm-3:20pm- Ran an errand to the local sporting goods store to pick up something I had monogrammed for football games.

3:20pm-3:35pm- Ran mom's phone charger to her at school and talked to a few people.

3:55pm-5:35pm- I graded papers (exciting!!) and balanced my checkbook--which I will say has made me very proud!!  I have watched my money so good this month that I will definitely have enough to pay for a few extra big expenses I have to make this month and the beginning of next.  If you knew me in high school and college, I never saved any money and shopping was my hobby.  But now that I've grown up (tear), I am so much better with my money.  Now don't get me wrong, shopping is my favorite thing to do but I'm so proud of how I haven't hardly spent any money this month!!!  I think this summer killed me with having so much free time and not knowing what to do with it so I just spent money......not going to happen again!

6:00pm-8:00pm- Young Women on Mission monthly meeting.  I'm co-president of this group at church and we met tonight to discuss upcoming mission projects we will be taking on.  Our next meeting will be to assemble treat bags with scriptural bracelets for our church's Trunk or Treat for Halloween. 

8:00pm-8:10pm- Stop and get gas before I run out!  I was literally empty.  My car will tell me how many miles I can go before I need gas and this time it was --- and even blinking.  I was excited it only cost $40 and that will last me a while, even with all the driving I do!!

8:30pm-10:15pm- Blog.  Pay off Banana Republic credit card that I just opened (for the good discount....I'm building credit....Yes, I do pay it off completely every month).  Take another shower--I take 2 a day but only wash my hair once a day.  I just like to feel clean before I go to bed!!!!!!  And then I had a little down time for quiet time and to catch up on facebook and other tweets.

I didn't run today because it was so hot outside and I had so much to do.  Will hopefully do Wednesday!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...