This Saturday was the season opener for Alabama football! We played Kent State and won! Roll Tide! The Kent State football team spent the past week in Tuscaloosa helping with tornado clean up. I was extremely impressed with their acts of service, and it was great to see Alabama fans in Bryant Denny give the Kent State team a standing ovation when they took the field.
Back to the game....I was so excited to find a student ticket and to be able to sit with my best friend for her last football season as a student!! Janie will graduate in December with her degree in nursing, and I've already started trying to think of what to give her for graduation. I feel like I can't top what she gave me. (In case you're a new reader, we lived together for my last 3 years in college, and she's my bff). She spent our last month living together secretly making a scrap book of our 3 years of living together. She documented every memory and inside joke we ever had, and when she gave me my present the night before my graduation I cried and laughed when I read the book! How can I ever come close to the greatness of that present!!!???
We were prepared for 110 degree weather but it actually turned out nice!!! I told Janie that the Lord was definitely blessing us during that game because we didn't sweat near as much as we have in the past!!!!
I'm going to leave you with this beautiful picture. I usually am leaving the house in the morning thinking about what I have to do when I get to school and how late I'm running. This past week the morning tempurature has been absolutely wonderful and when I saw the way the sun hit the pasture one morning, I just had to stop and take a picture. It blows my mind that the same God that created this beautiful scene created me!!!



1 comment:
Glad you had such a great time at the game and that y'all won!! Ours didn't go too well. :) xoxo
Post a Comment