Sorry about my lack of posts starting Thursday. I was extremely busy and tired so I didn't have time to sit down and blog. So I've decided to do a catch-all of Thursday through Saturday post.
Thursday, September 15- Same schedule pretty much except I had cheerleading practice after school until 4:45pm. Then I needed to be back at school at 6:30pm for PTO Open House. Since I had a lot to do, I decided to stay at school the whole time. My mom dropped my supper off (thanks, Mom) and I ate while I got my classroom super clean for parents to come in and meet me. I had my students write a poem on Monday so I went ahead and put those up to make the room a little more cheerful. The students had a great time trying to find theirs to show their parents.
I didn't get home from PTO Open House until 9 and decided to relax and watch tv for my free time instead of blogging.
Friday, September 16- Same morning and day schedule. After school, I spent an hour running a few errands in town. Hartselle played Walker at home that night and my mom wanted to go and see our old neighbor play in the band. But I was way too tired to go to the game that night. Is there anyone else who is just exhausted by Friday night? I'm good to go Saturday night but on Fridays, all I want to do is go to bed at a decent time!! I watched 3 episodes of Mad Men (my new addiction) and went to bed that night.
Saturday, September 17- Depot Days in Hartselle!!!!! This is the one day where Hartselle looks like a mini gameday in Tuscaloosa (traffic and cars parked anywhere they can). I parked at my father's house who lives in an old neighborhood right off downtown and we walked over to downtown. I had splurged in eating on Friday for lunch so I couldn't splurge today. I did, however, have a lemonade and it was wonderful!!
We were sitting under the tent where a band was playing old Conway Twitty songs. I also racked up on a few decor items!
This beautiful lamp cost me only $15!!!!! And that's no lie!!! It was part of a sidewalk sale from a store. It was the only one they had and that was fine with me!! The lampshade is also bent in places, but I definitely don't care because I will replace that regardless.
I also found these beauties! I have been searching for botanical prints that I could frame myself, but I found these and decided to pay for them anyway.
Later Saturday night, I drove down to The Sumit to shop and ended up buying an early birthday present for myself!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment