Tuesday, September 13, 2011

a day in the life: monday

A few blogs that I follow did a series called "A Day in the Life."  I thought it was so interesting seeing how other people live their lives.  One blog I follow has a very strict routine for day to day life because of her two very small children.  While I don't envy the small children part (at least not for a few more years), I do envy the structured routine.  If you think my life has structure, think again!  Every day is different!!  While I do enjoy the differences each day brings, sometimes I wish I had more of a structured schdule that I follow.  Sometimes I think it would be nice to know what will be happening each day instead of relying on a calendar to tell you because your days are so busy you can't remember!!  With all that being said, I hope you don't get too bored seeing what my days are like for a full week!  Enjoy!!


5:20 am-7:10am:  Get up.  Eat Lucky Charm cereal while I catch up on my daily reading:  facebook, twitter, and the newspaper.  Get ready for school while listening to Charlie Hall (this morning) and rush out of the door to school.

7:30am-4:45pm:  Teach school.  I also had to find time to record grades in the computer gradebook (they are already in my paper one) because progress reports go out Thursday.  This means I must have all grades in by 8am Wednesday morning.  Today I decided to take a poem for a grade.  What I thought would take half the period took all the period and plus some!  So looks like I will be a grading fool tomorrow afternoon so that I can have these last grades in by 8am Wednesday.  I also had a PST meeting after school for facilitators.  PST is for RTI (Response to Intervention--if you become a teacher, then you must learn thousands of acronyms).  While this PST meeting was going on, I also had cheerleaders practicing for our away game tomorrow.  I made it out of the meeting in time to run the last 40 minutes of practice.  Practice was over at 4:30pm but of course I had to close down things in my classroom and get my desk ready for tomorrow.
This is from one side of my classroom.  Notice how odly shaped it is and how tiny!  I can't wait until we move to our new school in 1.5-2 years.  The rooms will be double this size.  Oh, and notice how I've squeezed 28 desks in here.  The side of the room that you can't see is my classroom library.  Maybe another time I will take a picture of it!

4:50pm-5:05pm:  Head to the local gymnastics gym to check on the status of back handsprings for some of my cheerleaders.

5:10pm-6:00pm:  Head to my friend Sally's apartment to change to go run.   Then we went to the park and ran 3 laps around the park = 2.25miles.  Let's just say I was pretty sweaty after, and it wasn't even that hot outside.
Me and Sally Sal Sal before we started running......and sweating :)

6:45pm-8:00pm:  Left the house with my sister to go to Chik-Fil-A to eat.  I wanted a spicy chicken sandwich and ended up with heartburn, and my sister ended up with a hair in her sandwich.  (GROSS!)  But she did get a coupon for a free sandwich.  (I will say that we will continue to go back there because that is the only time that's ever happened to us or anyone we know.  It may be weird but we don't have Chik-Fil-A where we live and can't be choosy when we want it.)  After that we stopped by Wal-Mart for a few things.  Who can't not go to Wal-Mart when you're next door???
Rachel before she found the hair in her sandwich and me before the spicy sandwich gave me heartburn.  And obviously before a shower.  We enjoy sister time with each other!!!

8:00pm-10:00pm:  Shower, blog, get everything ready for tomorrow.  Then I can pass out in my bed from exhaustion!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...